Friday, January 4, 2019

Gearing up

I have been listening to several piano genre and weeding out my favorites to play. I have always loved the ragtime and even the new styles like "Variations on Solace"by Dick Hyman. And my go to bed song Claire de Lune classic. I have piled up crafting over my piano and it is time to get her cleared off. I chose not to push playing this holiday. I took time off to bake and be with other people. I'd much rather starve and play music than socialize. But it was fun to hear others play.

I am moving our saddles and horse tack out of my studio as we do not ride them anymore. A friend wants to have a foal from our fox trotter mare Maple this year. So we will be shipping her off our farm for a while.
With the horse tack moved out I can put my instruments in my studio instead of the guest room. I will be able to get to my music and computer at the same time. I have been thinking about moving things around for a while now. Hard to have a studio and tack room at the same time. With winter on I do not have to deal with gardening yet.
Our guest room has seen a lot of use lately. So I will be clearing that room again instead of just for spring storage. Which I need to do as we have a guest this week. I still have a ton of holiday things to put away. My holiday baking ended up with balls and breads only. So I have a lot of unused flours and spices to store.
We are hoping to spend time out on the rivers again. We did none of that last summer and I missed it.
So with the new year there are plans in place and space to make for others. I will be turning 50 this year and plan to have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment