Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Tribe Trouble


On Friday I let Pepper the eldest cat outside on to our deck. She has a mini cabin that has a heating pad in it. I checked on her every hour and saw she was in the last throws final gasps. I picked her up and let her pass. It was hard to watch but I have seen death before. After a bit we got the auger on the tractor and took her out to a nice spot under a tree and dug out a deep hole and buried her. She lived a long well traveled life with us from Texas to Missouri. She was not in any pain so there was no need to have her put to sleep. So that was a hard weekend.
On Monday our two youngest cats developed an upper respiratory problem. We took them to our vet of 10 years and after a CDC test, antibiotic given, vet seemed to think it would pass. While waiting in the office for the test there was a lot of yelling from or vet and his office manager. The same two people who were just with us moments ago working on our cats peacefully. There was a plugged up drain and the vet cursed a long diatribe at his office manager to get that job,done like any moron could (insert curse words). They both then walked calmly back into the office to give our cats a shot. I was floored and angry. I know both of them for years and never heard this kind of belittling. After the appointment I went up to pay and quietly talked to the office manager about this verbal abuse she received from the vet. She laughed it off and said he is like a father and we banter like this often. I reminded her he never talks this way to us nor other clients. She said it is fine, he is "just like this".But I am not happy with this. We will be leaving and taking our animals to another practice. A person who talks profanely to employees while being nice to clients is not a good person to do business with. I do not like drama but I can't abide by poor behavior by a person who is old and experienced enough to know better. This is a toxic environment for her and the animals of this practice. End of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment