Wednesday, February 10, 2021

I see weenter


It has been ice and snow for the past few weeks here in the Ozarks. This February 14th should be high 17 F and low of 0F. It has been a challenge but the farm animals are doing well. The poultry have heat and warmth and the horses have hay and shelter. The dogs have two shelters and a heated tent. But the dogs  end up in the basement at night when the temps go below teens and after farm is tucked in. 
I had two clutches hatch last week of chicks.The third was abandoned by the hen. All chicks survived under three hens who are now teaching them how to go in and out of the coop. In spite of the cold these chicks are thriving.
On the human front my husbands scopes looked normal and we are waiting on samples taken. No cancer was seen. This means we still do not know why he has no hunger, mild nausea, and pain. Might be a blocked gallbladder duct but images looked clear. So I am trying non surgical otc stone buster herbs on him. It takes weeks to see a doctor and the weather/pandemic is not helping. He had to have the Covid test and was negative. It was his first going under surgery. That was fun. He thought he had not had anything done to him and that he was fine. But he had no memory after returning to the room, dinner nor anything after. He recovered after sleeping a full night and we ok the next day.
We were blessed with a friend who came to our farm twice a day to tend the animals. It is getting harder to find people willing to take the time to do this even out here in the Ozarks.
I am grateful for our life out here and would not want any part of city life. I love that I can plant food and live off what we grow. This year I am adding more flowers for myself and for the bees to pollinate.
Flowers make me happy. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment