Saturday, August 6, 2022

When you get tested


So on this hot and humid morning I was doing chores looking forward to getting indoors. I settled in front of my computer then my phone rang. It was our priest in one town over. He had Covid and needed help.
He gave me a list of things he needed, I changed my farm togs and got in the truck. I was able to get all his request done and get him meds and food. I was not feeling 100% but I soon forgot that. I walked his dog so he could rest and stay out of the heat. I stayed to review any things he might have forgotten. See we both had the Covid so we are immune. The rest of our church is not. 
I was just thinking how could I help someone in need when I felt this bad. I got my answer, you just do it. You get dressed and get going. You will find the strength to get it done. Chicken soup, juices, vicks vapor and kleenex go a long way. I was able to park get in and out because I was on a mission.
Sometimes you get tested when you least expect it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment