Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Horses and Emu

 


A friend spotted me at a farmers market and asked if I could restore her plastic garden pony. It was from a yard sale, decked out in fringe and rhinestones and put outside in yard for years. Under the blue paint is a Wonder Horse saddle. The saddle had been plastered over and the hot glue had succumbed to UV degradation. I will be chipping off the bondo and restoring this pony with flexible resin scrolling painted in gold. Just need the rains to stop long enough to work on it outside.


 I went to an animal auction and spotted a single emu chick for sale. I wanted one but it turns out you need 2+ to keep these birds happy. The price for this chick run up to $200+. I asked my husband and he was interested but wanted an Alpaca more. We will wait on both. For now our animals numbers are fine and manageable on our farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment