Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Summer Side up


This is a black rat snake taking a nap in my hay bales. The cooler evenings made him seek out a way dry spot in my hay lean too.


I can't get enough of how stupid humans are to get close to wild animals. Animals are unpredictable on a good day but along with stress, fear, hunger or a stiff wind you got trouble in s split second. That is how my nose was broken by an angry mad cow and a gate. I am lucky I can live out here in the Ozarks with bear, deer, cougars, wolves, coyotes and snakes. I leave them alone and respect their forest that I happen to live in.



This is my cure for biting horseflies, green glitter deely bobs. They sway and scare the horseflies and keep them off my body. A large dragonfly pin on my hat will work too. Dragonflies are predators to the horsefly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment