Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Broken Stroken


This is Poppy our mostly outdoor cat. He stays outside until fall and winter or it foster kittens are in the house. He is napping in the heat on our deck next to the okra basket. I should have heeded his warning about working outdoors this July. I got heat stroke two times this month. I had been taking care of friends, driving around, farm sitting three farms and tending my own garden in the middle of the day. I had stopped sweating and kept feeling like fainting/ dizzy as I walked around. I came inside and drank gallons of fluids. Then the headache started and nothing worked to quell the head pain. For 3 days my head hurt and I slept/napped a lot. My husband made me stay inside and kept me hydrated. This was the first time this has happened to me. I now understand how people can die from this. It is like a painful stroke/migraine that never stops and you never feel right either too cold or too hot while everyone else feels fine. So now I do my chores early or at dusk and drink a lot of tea and gator aid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment