Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Raggedy Repair


I was asked if I restore old dolls recently. I restore many things from machines, wood, cloth, bone  and leather. If it is broken I can fix most things, just not people. One thing about dolls is there is a lot of love in that object. Most want their doll back to the original but that does not happen in my price range and I refer them to a preservationist. But I can clean, sew and refurbish most things. I have sewn dolls and made clothes for many dolls. This Ann is the largest one I will work on. I had no idea there were so many kinds of Ann & Andy dolls in so many sizes. Most are well loved and it shows. The good news is that there are many out there for parts, parts still made and patterns available. I never owned an Ann, I had a large Snoopy doll I drug around and slept on. It is only a memory. But once in a while I get to work on someones woobie or toy companion. And I get to be Geppetto for a little while in my studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment