Saturday, February 8, 2020

Birds and Biscuits

Indian Runner looking for dog food and a hand out.



When you clean the glass all the girls come out to inspect your work.


One of four roosters I raised that are filling in a need. All my roosters got eaten last year. My game hen hatched these guys- all boys. I gave 2 away and have 4 left. Two are worth keeping and the last tow need to be re-homed or eaten.

When it snows and is very cold it is time for biscuits. Made from scratch and very tasty. This is the Southern Living recipe. I never have buttermilk, so I add 2 tbl. lemon juice to the milk to make it curdle (about 15 min at room temp) I use salted real butter. After 10 min I broil the tops to brown them and brush on melted butter on the tops. Melt in your mouth tasty.



No comments:

Post a Comment