Thursday, February 13, 2020

Et Tu Tattoo?

                   
If I ever wanted to get a tattoo it might be one of these designs. These are the tools of my trade. Scissors, threads, buttons, measuring tape, pins and needles. I must have over 25 pairs of specialty scissors, 100 types of threads, button library and needles for just about any type of sewing machine I have worked on. But we want to visit Japan. And in Japan they are suspicious of tattoos you can see. And if you got to an onsen (public bath) you are in your birthday suit and many do not allow tattoos. 
So you have to cover them up. Plus tattoos change as the skin gets older. Colors fade and scissors become shrubbery clippers over time and depending on where the tat is located it could get weird.
I also study tattoos for forensics and lost person info ID's. Skin is a wonderful thing to ID a person with. What was unique and rare is now mainstream. Everyone now has grand tattoo work all over their bodies. This makes my job easier to find and locate and ID a body or a living person. We can even locate the artist who created a certain style of tattoo. It makes for very interesting field work.
So if I finally cave and decide to get inked, it would be one of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment