Thursday, April 23, 2020

Pleco Me

This is one of two of our remaining fish. Both are catfish including this guy a plecostomus. We have had him for 3 years and he thrived while everything else died or was eaten in our 75 gallon freshwater tank. Thanks to some chemical we added that had gone over and poisoned the tank.
But I digress, this fish looks so cool. He has been at the bottom of the tank for years. But he has gotten bigger and now likes to suck on the side of the glass. So I can see his pretty cool belly patterns.


I miss my outdoor catfish koi pond in Houston, TX. We built this when I was in a wheelchair. So I could wheel around outside and still have fish.


But we did take our indoor tank with us to Missoui. It stayed in storage with the live rock for about 7 years. Then we hauled it into the house and set up fish. We had clown loaches, koi, goldfish and pleco. Gonna tell your right now koi poop a lot. So we got biggest filters and pumps we could for indoor tanks that are quiet. But the koi got too large and they had to be given to a pond owner. Then we accidentally poisoned out tank and everything died over the winter except the catfish. Then our new fish plans all stopped when the virus struck. But these two catfish thrive and our tank is back to normal status. And I get to see fish belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment