Monday, October 10, 2011

Cedar Dresser Saga Part 3



This Sunday after church Alan and I saddled up and tractored out to the last cedar tree. It was a smaller tree and did not take much time to cut down. Dolly got a short break to eat some grass. Then we drove/rode to our neighbors house to cut the last tree downed from a storm. While Alan cut the last tree I rode Dolly around the back trails on the property. I saw several turkey taking wing as we came by. The sun was setting and the forest was a soft yellow under the orange hued leaves. It felt very fall-like riding my horse in the woods. I took Dolly back home, riding the cleared paths beneath the power lines connecting our properties. Now that all the cedar trees are cut, we need to haul them to the sawmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment