Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Finally Some Rain


Last night we got almost and inch of rain in the Ozarks. After two months of no rain and over 100 degree temperatures, it was great to have. I missed the lightening and sound of drops hitting the glass. It was the first time I did not have to water my crops. I hope we get more rain for a second cutting of hay. 
And with the extreme heat the copperhead snakes are out a month early. They are very mean during their shedding season and will attack at anything making noise nearby. They have limited vision while they are shedding and that makes them extra aggressive to noise. This time last year my dog was bitten on his face by one. He made a lot of noise barking and was attacked by one. He survived the ordeal. With all these temperatures a month ahead of schedule, lets hope fall comes early too.

No comments:

Post a Comment