Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Good Bye Old Pots

I finally collected all my Aluminium and Nonstick coated pans and took them out of my kitchen. More room, woo hoo! Instead, I use my enamel pans and cast iron. Why? I am worried about long term use of aluminum pots and the poisons created by the Teflon. Aluminum can collect in the brain causing the symptoms of Alzheimer's. While no one in my family history has had Alzheimer, I still want to prevent it as best I can. So many people I know in their 40's and 50's are now dealing with Alzheimer's. I am not a scientist, but I do  observe things around me. And most of the healthy old timers around here, use cast iron and enamel to cook in. And they are crazy here, but out of personal choice.

I want to be one of those healthy old timers along with my husband. 
So a bit of house cleaning might make a difference to our long term health. 

1 comment:

  1. Good idea to get rid of the teflon. I've done the same.

    ReplyDelete