Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Two Sunday Surprises

We came home after a long Sunday in Mt. View. I sat down and checked the phone messages. The Animal Shelter called asking if I could take in a pair of newborn kittens whose mother cat had died. I called the rescuer and we met at the local feed store that evening. 

These were not newborn but 6 week old starved kittens. They were very bony, full of ticks and females. I promptly de-ticked them and gave them DE with soft food and water. After the meal they climbed up into my lap for petting.They used the litter pan and were very active. 

The next day I contacted the shelter to find a foster or adopter for these girls. I also found a ride to Houston, MO for them so I did not have to waste the gas. They will be put up for adoption once they get some fat on them. Now I can get back to feeding my 5 bottle babies who are now 3 weeks old and just starting to try solid food.



No comments:

Post a Comment