Friday, August 4, 2017

Auberginie and Beanie Firsties


This is my eggplant that I grew in my greenhouse. This is one of 10 eggplants I have growing in there. I tried growing them outside but every bug for miles loves to eat the leaves. So this year I started and re-potted the large plants in my greenhouse. The Blue Lake green beans are also a first for me. These are the short bush variety. They grow fast in 50 days and they have beans like crazy. I have to bend and squat to pick them but it is so worth it. Each bean pumps out up to 30 pods each for weeks - in a drought. I gathered 4 bushels of beans in a very small 10ft x 4ft growing area. And they are stringless and sweet! I harvested, washed and cooked them for the first time. Wow so wonderful. I will be planting these for years to come. I will be planting them for fall as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment