Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Cancer be Thy Name


I have been very busy in the month of July. I have had one friend my age die after an aggressive three year battle with the big C. She had the genetic marker for it. Her two adult children have to find out if they also have that genetic marker. I had another musical friend who made it clear through her first round of chemo. I have a male friend who has liver cancer and is on hospice. He is also my age and he is dying. He has had to move in with his mother so she can take care of him. I have a horsewoman friend who has lung cancer thanks to her smoking habit. She is in the same hospital as another friend. She is dying as well. I guess June -July is the sign of Cancer. It is all around in its various forms. So many people under the age of 50 have it. So much death and dying.
My solace is that when they die they are suffering no longer. They get to go into another life. There pain is over. Sure the family hurts and still feels pain, that never goes away. But the death is a blessing. I do not have the answer for the cancer. I hope I do get an answer as to who is doing this to our fellow humans. I have my suspects. But that is not my mission. I am here to help those left behind as best I can. But when there are so many at the same time it is like stopping the ocean from moving- you just can't and you get swept up into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment