Friday, November 2, 2018

Scary Halloween


My husband was having bad headaches last week. Then one day he got up, picked up the cat and almost fainted and dropped the cat. Then the headaches got really bad and affected his sleep. Nothing else seemed wrong with him but the episode with the fainting got us in to the our doctor the next day, Halloween. We then were told we needed to get a CT of his head stat. So we drove a hour and a half away to the imaging center that was under our insurance. I got to go in the CT room with him as he got to stick his head into the big magnet. Took only a few minutes to see it all, then go home and wait for the doctor to call. And I got a copy of his scans on a CD for my Christmas cards this year. That Halloween night the doctors wife called us and all looked fine. But the next morning we talked about the next step involving contrast and possible side effects (Chuck Norris wife had some). The headaches were subsiding and nothing was seen by the radiologist nor the doctor. We think after lots of tooth work from the dentist might have caused all these problem. He has not had as much dental work as I have. And I am used to living with many forms of pain over the years. We think his jaw nerve might have triggered these spasms of pain and fainting. As of today no more headaches and no more fainting. He is much too young to have these problems. It was a good scare and I prayed for everything. I am grateful nothing was found and happy he is no longer having pain issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment