Monday, January 27, 2020

Sewing Machine Army


This is an antique Singer hand crank I am retro fitting for leather work. It is quite good at sewing leather. 



This is a Kenmore I put a new belt on for a friend who sews jeans for her farm family. I have repaired this machine 2 other times in the 10 years I have lived here in the Ozarks. It is a good little machine. This is my studio and farm mud room/ foster kitten HQ. And yes, that is a real wood stove. It is how we heat our home in the cold months. We chop, split and burn from our own woods.

And then I had to get a made in China cobbler leather. It needs to be put together, is a greasy mess at the moment and needs to be filed and cleaned. It is rough and not ready. Tiny bobbins, roughly made and needs a lot of work. But thanks to youtube I have teachers for free in this realm.
But I have a quilt to work on so this will stay in a pile until I have time.
I use a lot of machine and I repair a lot of sewing machines. It is part of restoration and the tools you need to get the job done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment