Monday, December 21, 2009

Dog Sled



I had a husky dog growing up, Bear. She could pull anything we put behind her. She lived for almost 20 human years. After moving to the Ozarks, I now have a huge German Shepherd, Osa. She is 70+ pounds of muscle. So I am training her to pull a sled for me. I don't own an ATV and I have to haul stuff out of the woods myself. Now with Osa I can move loads very quickly over the forest earth with her and a sled. Hauling logs and rocks in small trips with dog power is the way to go. I am looking for a dog cart and harness for longer trips into the woods. Osa is very smart and obeys all commands and pulls with zest. We both enjoy the exercise and being outdoors with nature all around. It will be fun when the snow finds us in the Ozarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment