Saturday, August 18, 2012

Maybe Stallion


Here is our trainers Fox Trotter Perlino Stallion. He is a sweet tempered stud and he 
produces buckskin foals.

Showing how he "parks out" for easy mounting.

Riding with just string. I noticed the stallions large hooves, good for trail riding.

Unique eye colors. I am not a fan of the blue eyes, but the foals have dark eyes.

The trainer just hopped up and put the stallion though his gaits. We might breed our Maple, a Fox Trotter to this stallion when she turns three. We are waiting to see if she is a good horse under saddle and worth breeding. Maple's mom was a great safe horse for anyone to ride. This stallion has the qualities I like in the Fox Trotter breed and his foals are very nice and athletic.




3 comments:

  1. And what color is your mare? You will get a buckskin or a palomino, from him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or is black, a smokey black!
    Perlinos are wonderful for that dilute color gene.

    The QH breed missed out on a lot of color genes before they accepted this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maple is an olive/dark brown mare with red highlights. I always wanted a buckskin horse but do not need one. There are so many unwanted horses out there. If Maple proves to be as great a horse as her mom was, I might breed her.But Maple has to grow up and prove her worth on the farm.Right now my hands are full training my babies to be useful horses.

    ReplyDelete

My June Veggie Garden

With the purchase of a tiller I put it to work. I tilled 3 times and added farm compost to the rocky soil. Very easy Dahlias. ...