Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two headed Dog Beast






Ok, it is not a weird deformed dog. Instead it is a solution to my wandering dog problem. Hickory, my small city dog, keeps wandering off our land and chasing after cars and cows. We had to keep him on a tie out so he would stay put, very boring for an active dog.
Osa, our shepherd, stays on the land and behaves. My husband suggested I tie the two together to make a better dog. Eureka! By using my twin dog lead to tether them together; I created a two headed dog beast.
Now Hickory gets to run all around our property all day long with Osa. They eat birdseed, visit the compost bin, chase squirrels and pee on the run. A full day for Hickory is just a normal day for Osa.
This is all grand for Osa, she loves to pull. Hickory only weighs 30 pounds and is getting more exercise than he ever got before.
And at night when it is bedtime, Hickory sleeps like the dead for a change. No more waking up in the middle of the night. And the next day it starts all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment