Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Nothings as loving as a skunk fresh out the oven...

Yes, we have been Skunked out here in the Ozarks. It was only a matter of time with two dogs, woods and wildlife. I left the dogs free after dinner and they went after what they thought was our barn cat, Annie who is black and white. There was a yip and I ran after the dogs with a flashlight and spotted three pair of eyes running right at me. Hickory, Osa and a huge black and white skunk. I had no idea skunks could run so fast.
The dogs and the skunk ran around the house and I ran inside. The skunk ran around the house spraying both dogs, the fireplace and the entire outside of our house. It was a lethal attack. Were were all stunned as the stink enveloped us. Both dogs were whining outside and frozen with a new fear of skunks. The smell came inside the house via the chimney and we experienced the awful skunk scent. The skunk went back into the woods happy as ever. My dogs are not happy tonight. We hope they learned a lesson to leave the skunks alone.
I don't like skunks very much after all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment