Thursday, January 13, 2011

Food and Your Health

Since moving to the Ozarks and having a farm we have become educated in what our food has changed into. Though we were city folk and shopped in grocery stores, that has become an unhealthy and dangerous thing to do. Too many foods today are filled with unregulated and undisclosed ingredients that can harm you. I could rant all day about this topic, but many friends or family are apathetic, lazy or too scared to open their eyes to the truth.
People feel our government would never allow harmful stuff into our foods, air, water - but it does. And becoming an organic farmer has become an illegal thing to do, yes I said illegal. Seed saving- you are talking serious crime. All I can do is post the links, "teach a man how to fish...".
At least some fellow bloggers are catching onto the truth.
Here are some food links:

What am I doing? Growing a garden. Was it hard to do, yes at first. I got dirty, things don't grow, bugs are tough. But we got peaches, blueberries, lettuce, yams, potatoes, tomatoes and I got to can my own harvest. I am thankful for the knowledge, strength and bounty from this new healthy way of living. Oh and I used to have a 6 x 6 garden in the heart of the city year round, it can be done people.


No comments:

Post a Comment