Sunday, October 30, 2011

Swing Low




I have bad memories of swings. Most have met their demise by me or a moth sitting in them. The swings of the past and I have hit the earth never to swing again. So when my husband won a handmade wooden swing for a charity auction, I was pleased it was stored away in the garage. However, it was given a new life outside under our deck. I told our contractor it must be fitted to hold a horse on that swing. And Jeff did just that. He custom welded metal plates under the deck supports and used thick threaded stock to hold the swing chains. Now the only thing to give way will be just the chain and not the swing nor its supports. It is safe for large 2 adults, 1 shepherd dog and 1 barn cat on a quilt. And a horse, too. Now we can all sit on the swing and watch the deer run by in the meadow. Jeff got to try out his handiwork and be the first to swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment