Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Death and New Life on the Farm

ur

Last week was enough for me to want to run screaming down the road. Dolly our 19 year old mare went down in her stall and was clearly in distress from a high fever. The vet came and we agreed she was past the point of no return. So together with the help of friends we got the hole dug and put Dolly at peace. Then, I had some hatched chicks not make it and one needed to be euthanized due to deformity. Then a neighbor decides he wants to have his coffin ready this year. He wants to have his wooden coffin upholstered at his wife's request. All of this happened in less than 24 hours last Sunday- Monday. Ugh it was rough.
But then life begins again. My surviving chicks are now outside in the big brooder in the chicken coop. The trees and plants are all flowering and the air smells wonderful. Baby birds, snakes and butterflies are everywhere. I have so much new life springing up around me, makes me happy again to be on my farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment