Monday, June 4, 2012

Never Done Farm

Isn't that a great farm name, NeverDone? Turns out is belongs to a fellow farm blogger here:
It seems I am in that same boat, too many irons in the fire and farm chores that never all get done.
Everyday is a new day and a new challenge. In the past 48 hours I have given tours at our old mill, vetted our filly, made up wedding basket and attended an outdoor wedding, went to church, help dig post holes and build a deck, shot at some predators, harvested crops, visited elderly neighbors, dug a small garden, fenced in my corn crop from the deer, chased off a doe, re-potted basil seedlings, dusted the garden, weeded the neighbors garden, cooked several meals, spread straw in 2 gardens, removed some ticks off me and the pets, went to the grocery and about 1,000 other things I forgot. Whew! And this morning I set out the new turkeys, set free our hen and 11 chicks, picked up tick Rx for pets, visited neighbor, weeded my garden, fed the flock and started the laundry all by lunch. And who says life in the country is boring? And it never all gets done. But it is always an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment