Friday, September 14, 2012

Peace and quiet


Lately, I have heard several people grumbling about politics and the garbage on TV. So many people are fed up with what is being spewed at them via the TV. We do not have TV and I no longer miss it. I read what I can and pay attention to the facts when available. I love that my local newspaper does not waste space printing political propaganda. People can read the important stuff that matters living off the land out here in the Ozarks. I think TV is a black hole for time and what is important in life. People use TV as a way to fill  a void in their lives, background noise. I know this because I used to, even had 3 TV's in my old house. Just like a drug it takes a while to be weaned off of it. But once you are over it you are clear headed and have time. You can think your own thoughts and become aware of what is really going on in the world. So I am going outside to watch deer TV. They can tell me all about their day while eating my apples from my tree. And I am all the better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment