Monday, December 17, 2012

Hedgehog Pillows

I made these for the people who performed my surgery last month. Just a thank you handmade in the Missouri Ozarks. The hedgehog is the name I gave the pain I felt from a calcified fibroid. I felt like I had hedgehogs inside my abdomen. And when they were removed I felt so much better.

I used suiting samples to make the spikes.

Wool and silk sewing on top of cotton makes for soft little hedgehogs. No more uterus means no more fibroids and no more pain. I am so glad I finally found a doctor who correctly diagnosed me. I had gone through several Ob's over the last 13 years in Houston, TX and none got it right. It took a small town GP in the Ozarks to figure out what was wrong. And I went to Baton Rouge to have the surgery. They have very talented experienced OB surgeons there at the Woman's Hospital. Funny how life can turn out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment