Saturday, December 7, 2013

CFL U


I hate CFL bulbs and this is why. Ten year lifespan? Nope, try 8-11 months tops. They burn up and stop working worse than any other bulb I have ever used. I pay more for this bulb and it performs poorly. And fire hazard? Maybe. I caught this one dimming poorly then going out. And this is what I found, an almost melted ballast. And we are being told these are good for the environment. Right, nothing like have mercury in my house. I have to bring them into the recycling center and I get strange looks. No one knows what to do with them there. Good Luck environment. Finding regular Thomas Edison bulbs are more difficult thanks to our government. Being a farmer I rely on regular bulbs for heat and light for baby livestock needs. CFL's do not make heat and are not safe around animals.  Am I saving electricity? Maybe. They just do not last long enough for me to find out. And they are so ugly looking, too.

2 comments:

  1. I hate those things too! Take forever to get light. Hubby bought some, I refuse. Now I hear on FB from FOX News that on Jan. 1st they will no longer manufacture incandescent bulbs! NOOOOOO Crap, I guess Lowes and Home Depot are supposed to have a 6 month supply. I wish LEDs would come down in price!! ((sigh))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ace Hardware carry the old kind of bulbs we use on the farm at a good cost.Happy Hunting and stocking up.

      Delete

Just Ducky

Last week my broody hens had some babies. Some of the hatch were ducklings. The hens soon pushed the ducklings out the nests keeping ...