Saturday, December 23, 2017

Returning Hens


This is one of three feisty game hens I took to our local animal auction. They have spurs and have been very aggressive with my other hens. Lots of fighting, eye plucking and wounded hen battles over the summer. So in October I made a cage and took them to auction. I did not get much for them but was happy to be rid of their ill tempers. Well over the Thanksgiving break, guess what came back? Yep, two of these girls came back with a rooster and another strange hen in tow. The rooster was killed at night as it did not go into the coop. But the hens went right back into the coop. Somehow they found their way back to my farm. I live about 8 miles from the auction in town. Someone bought them and I got them back. So come spring time I will cage them up and take them back to the auction, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment