Saturday, September 8, 2018

Roasted Strawberry Rolls


I make most of our meals from scratch. While I make many protein, veggie and meat meals making sweets are rare. With only two of us it is a waste. But I needed to make a large quantity for a potluck. After trying out this recipe ,I was happy with the results. I had to test my yeast to make sure it was still viable being the fridge.

The yeast lives! 



Rolled, punched and ready to rise.



These are 2015 frozen strawberries picked/grown by the Amish locally. Ready to be used and very fresh thanks to vac-u-seal.

After roasting the berries in the over I cook them down.


The messy part is rolling them with the berry mix. Here they are rising again before baking.


Very tasty and fresh rolls better than you can believe. Store bought never comes close to this treat. Worth the time, cleanup and effort to make these.

No comments:

Post a Comment