Saturday, November 17, 2018

Restoring Ann

                    
This is the doll as I received it from the client. She washed it before giving it to me. Washed in a normal cycle then thrown into the dryer. It was pretty much a ruined mess when I got it.
The new eyes in place.



The yarn hair needed to wait until the last part of the restoration. This knotted yarn mess was a challenge.


Re-stuffing the body. Lots and lots of stuffing.


 New eyes in place.



How I got the original doll from the client.


The newly de-tangled yarn hair. It took 3 hours to get this hair put back and sewn into place. Impossible to find the exact match of yarn, so I used what was left on her head.



They still have the vintage sewing pattern for these larger Ann dolls. I used McCalls #4268 from the 1970's for this 36 inch Raggedy Ann. After restoration I was able to sew up a new set of clothes for this doll. With proper care and staying out of the washing machine it will last a very long time.



No comments:

Post a Comment