Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Found Another One

We had a friend who came to stay with over the weekend. He mentioned he had not been able to locate his worker for a year now. We told him I can find things and people. He was not convinced and after a bit decided he did not want to bother. But the next day he had a dream about his friend and gave me some details and left. By the time he got back to our farm I had located his friend. His worker had been arrested and was a guest of the state for a over a year. The crime he committed  meant he would be a guest of the state for up to 10 years. Our friend was not thrilled to hear this news. I thought it was better than being dead. At least you can visit a person in some jails.

This is one of the reasons I do not find people for a living. Most do not want to be found and the families do not really want to find them. It is always about money. Money owed, money from an inheritance, money missing, money expected. I have heard and witnessed the "reunions of the lost"and it is rarely a happy event. Old grudges, old wounds, feelings are brought up when that person is found. And most get mad at the messenger- me. Even though they are warned, they think I can't do it.
There was only one time I could not find something, a ring. It was not the car the owner swore it would be. I told her to look in her office. That was were the ring was, she found it there.

But finding lost people and things is not rewarding and I only do it for friends. I enjoy fiber puzzles and discovering how something was created and then recreate it- better. I am looking forward to robots and hopefully will get to make my own thanks to 3D printing. The technology is getting so much better and affordable for home use. Automatons and dolls are just the shell I want to create for robots. I like the soft robot styles created in the Blade Runner movie by J.F. Sebastian. I think in the future our elderly in nursing homes or living alone would benefit from these kinds of robots. A strong 'bot around but also soft and friendly with replaceable and changeable skins.


We now have our very first flying 'bot and it has been very useful. We can see for miles and can track our farm. We can check fences in minutes instead of all afternoon. We can find our herd in seconds instead of calling them in and we can check them over easily. We can get to a fire and see what we need before we head out the door. There was one just across the highway. It was a controlled burn and was of no concern. Having a flying robot is just for first step but a wonderful way to find things.


No comments:

Post a Comment