Friday, August 2, 2019

Space Science in the Ozarks


I saw this guy at a quilt shop and quilted it for the local library Space month. Libraries had volunteers decorate, presentations, book readings and crafting for all of July.

Picked up some large shower curtains and photos backdrops to decorate the library.



Part of the craft I taught the kids. Used a clear plastic plate, glued a snap in the center and mod podge colored cello to the plates. The kids got to add the moons as per my directions and then the top black paper plate snapped on top of the cello/moon plate. Held up to the light and turn to see the moon phases. Below is the kids working on the top part.


The kids then got to eat freeze dried fruits, veggies and ice cream like an astronaut. My husband did a slide show of the gross things doctors deal with for astronauts in space. Our part of the event turned out great as my husband worked for NASA back in the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment