Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Turning Japanese


We bought a Bloodgood Japanese maple online. Along with a willow, flowering cherry and Chicago figs. They seedlings are small and have some growing to do. The plan is to remove my flower bed and install a rock garden. Rocks are something the Ozarks have a ton.


These are not my photos but ideas we are using for our small flower garden.


This is a closer photo of our set up, few boulders, flowers and rocks. I am taking out the soil, putting down fabric and putting rocks in the bed. I will plant the Japanese maple and small plot of iris and rocks to fill the bed. My flower bed has become a lot weedier this year. And I can't keep it looking nice. It is the first thing we see out the window and it needs to be pretty again. And I love rocks and rock collecting. Our cats enjoy climbing the rocks and hiding in the larger rocks. Plus it is nice to sit on a boulder in the shade of a small tree that changes color though the seasons. The willow will go by our pond and the figs will go somewhere, not sure yet. Figs do grow here in the Ozarks. I am looking forward to more fig trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment