Saturday, January 2, 2021

Happy New Year 2021


 


Last year we had planned to be in Japan. But like everything else, plans changed and we stayed on the farm since February 2020. Since we both work from home we were used to that. Going out for church and supplies was not an option. We only went out for grocery pick up, dentist and yes, jury duty for me, ugh.
But we survived and have not gotten the virus yet. Several people at our church did and so far are ok. We did a first, church from home and continue to do so. And now we are dealing with doctor trips and that mean a lot of time in the truck. Our new updated plan to grow our own veggies on fabric worked too well. I was busy all year long putting up our pantry. It was a great project to do together, fabric, irrigation and fences. Very prolific growing year for us and no weeds. All grown from seeds I saved and dirt I had delivered.
My bold idea of making masks for everyone failed. No one wanted to wear them at our church nor in town, that was a big surprise, so I stopped sewing and donated the rest.
This year after we find out what is ailing my husband, we are planning to take a trip as I am sure the whole world is, too. Some beach, waves and water would be nice. Meanwhile I am planning on next years garden. Flowers, peppers, tomato, beans and fabric to keep out the weeds. 
I am working on beading and beadwork that I miss doing. I love all the colors bead provide on jewelry and embroidery. I will still do fiber restoration as projects arise. I need to make a new quilt for my husband. The one I made him 20 years ago is fraying and needs to be replaced. I have advanced my skills since then. The repairs of repairs can no longer be subjected to the water.

The virus is still a big problem in the Ozarks. People are still dying but life goes on. They still only wear masks in the big cities not out here. 
I hope 2021 goes better than 2020. I hope this time next year people will be thriving instead of getting sick. I hope to have been to the beach again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment