Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Dill me In

My cabbages from seed have thrived even in this heat and drought.

My first successful harvest of cabbage.

Our upper garden this year. Butternut squash, peppers, dill, lettuce, melons. The tomatoes are not thriving this year. Waiting to see how they get on. But very slow this year. This is my second year leaving the fabric on the ground. I will pull this up this fall and put down new fabric next spring. I need to till in manure this winter.



The Kajari melons  growing on the archway.My first time growing these unique melons.

Ah the dill this year is so happy. I started from seeds this March in the greenhouse. They are five feet tall and full of heads.

Just a wall of happy dill for days.


I reduced my cucumber to half a cattle panel this year. I planted English and straight eight. Very heat tolerant and are located under a huge peach tree.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment