Thursday, January 18, 2018

Pie in the Sky

I have been practicing baking tasty treats as there are no bakeries near us. I have been making portable treats as we share with friends both hither and yon.

I am making tart-lets with handmade crust and fillings. They bake fast and are more manageable in transport.

Baked just like regular pies, bake the crust for 10 minutes then fill, cap and bake for another 30 minutes.


Egg wash the star caps and add sugar


I made about 26 of them and all were eaten and adored by the lucky recipients. I am not a fan of cherry pies so I will have to make others that I do enjoy. Will have to try lemon custard or apple for my next attempt. These are my 2nd result following pumpkin tart-lets from November. So nice making treats from fruits I have grown on my farm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment