Friday, January 19, 2018

Woodland Quilt Top


I have finally got this baby woodland quilt top done. But not before adding some bees. I have appliqued bees before so easy peezy, right?



Nope, I go and have to make an all new kind of bee. One with 3D wings, washable and made of tulle.


After a few experiments I got good workable wings.



Now to add the bees to the quilt top.


I made a very tactile baby quilt. I have no idea if the child is autistic. But I know kids love to touch things. So a washable touchable quilt top is made.


Sewed a ton.

More applique


Yes that is real fun fur on a quilt.


The turtle legs are floppy.



I love this batik fern fabric. 

Here is the whole quilt top before squaring up.


This has taken months to do along with life, farming and my other endeavors.


Now the fun continues with the quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment