Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Garden Hands


This is not a photo of my hands but the best one I could find of what soil staining does to my flesh. And this is with gloves. I wear nail polish to hide the nails. But my fingers tell the tale of working in the gardens. This year I have green beans, cabbages, tomato, 3 kinds of cucumbers, 4 kinds of pumpkins, basil, potato and okra. Thanks to pigweed I have many small spikes I have to pull out of my leather gloves and flesh. But I have fresh veggies anytime I want. I grow what I eat and can or freeze the rest. I share what I have too much of like basil and radishes.
It is hard work, sweat, mulch,dirt and pain but worth it. I get to spend time outside with my animals. My husband has to find me to remind me to eat lunch or dinner. Most nights I am outside watering after dark or re-potting seedlings. So grateful to have the strength to do this and the energy do do this. Life is hard but wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment