Friday, June 8, 2018

Stormy Ducks


Last weekend I was very busy prepping my gardens with my seedlings. We had a late, cold spring in April and could not put in our seedlings. May was very hot and stormy in the Ozarks.


In the morning dark came and dropped little rain and then the sun came out and so did I.


But late afternoon the clouds rolled in again. My shepherds hid, the winds picked up, my chickens ran to the coop and thunder clapped.

Then this rolled right over us. I watched this spin, the winds were wild but silent. No thunder just this huge swirl of twisting clouds.

It moved to the east of us and touch down. It took out some trees in our town but no one was hurt. There was no warning, no alerts, nothing. Just me snapping shots of this cloud as it passed over us. then the winds and rains came with a vengeance.




My Rouen ducks all stood like this as the sky poured cold rain and hail.

My Indian Runners loved this.



Feasting in the rain.

Indian Runners to the left and Cayuga, Rouen and Campbell to the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment