Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Cat Bite


As a person who works with cats, fosters cats, rescues cats and has cats -this was a humbling day. We visited a friends farm to fix a computer. Her white barn cat came running out to greet us and get pet/attention. It was very affectionate and kind of a bully. When my friend  asked how to go about clipping her claws - I showed her and got a bit for my troubles.

Thankfully it  is UTD on its rabies and I let my hand bleed out after I let it go. Yes, it hurt- a lot. I washed with soap and water several times and checked for any foreign bits in my hand. I bandaged it and then finished the rest of our visit. I came home and drew the circles around the teeth marks to track swelling and possible infection. You can have serious problems with cat bites. I am also UTD on my tetanus after a broken nose moving cattle one day. Yes, it hurts after 3 days but nothing is swelling  up and nothing is broken. I will be more cautious with strange cats in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment