Thursday, April 16, 2020

Making your own flour

So after staying on the farm for a month and no leaving the farm, we ran out of flour. But we brought hard wheat berries before the stay at home order. So I dusted off my wheat grinder and got busy grinding.
 Nice clean berries for flour making


Great vintage wheat grinder very loud but very good at its job. I have to do this outside since flour dust goes everywhere.I had two of these machines but gave the second one to friends living in Africa.

Sweet rich unbleached flour. I miss that smell. I buy yeast in bulk and store in my fridge normally. So we always have the basics on hand. The wheat I store in 5 gallon buckets with an O2 absorbers to keep the berries fresh. When it goes stale I give to the chickens.

yep, wearing ear protection and an apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment