Tuesday, July 27, 2021

The road less traveled


Having lived under a rock as a black sheep of the constantly moving family it is nice to break away from the traveling circus.
Moving away and cutting off all contact has been a blessing. Not an easy blessing, but one I can get on with my own life type of blessing.
After getting my DNA results I finally know where I come from. I always had an idea and now I have a big brother to share my journey. I lost my younger brother years ago after he cut off contact with me.  Like mother like son.


What is funny is I never thought a parents past could affect offspring years later. Sins of the father type of stuff here. Or rather sins of the mother. Amazing what DNA can tell you. Health, cravings, related family you never knew you had but share.
But all that was out of my control, it was the hand I was slapped with in life. But the nice thing about being an adult, you can get away from that drama. You can go and start your own life. And that is what I did decades ago. I taught myself how to play music and various instruments I wanted. I learned how to farm. I learned how to shoot and how to chop firewood. I learned how to grow my own food. I quilted, taught and repaired anything in my hands. The Ozarks can teach you a lot of things about yourself. It is not a place for the weak. It is a great place to build a life you have dreamed of.
It is a sweaty, scar filled, muscle ride of hard work but it is a good life. 
A blessed life thanks to God who answered my pleads and prayers with grace.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment