Thursday, March 17, 2022

Bearily there

I have been sewing again, a lot.


This is a bear for a friend whos husband  passed away from the virus and also dementia. These last few years were hard as he had to be in a nursing home and she could not visit. She did not have any of his clothes. So I dug into my stash and pulled colors she liked. I got it done and mailed before her birthday.

I make memorial pillows and bears as needed for friends and sometimes clients.
It is an easy Simplicity pattern. Unless you have never sewn before, it can be tricky. I have adapted this pattern to my needs over the years.




This pair is a special one. A friend had pancreatic cancer and it took her very fast less than 6 months. She was a good friend, mother and wife who really enjoyed doing things in life that she enjoyed. She was about my age when the cancer took her. I hardly recognized her when I was sent the photo. But I am glad for a small moment she had a bit of happiness. Her adult daughter can have something to hold on to in her memory. These were very special to make and send.


Sickness, dying and funerals are hard but are a part of life. When you are involved with a church your experiences with death double with your church family and friends. Here in the Ozarks we have lost all ages from driving wrecks, no seatbelts, virus, farming accidents, cancer, hunting accidents, heart disease and dementia just to name a few. I try to bring a bit of happiness one stitch at a time.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment