Thursday, March 17, 2022

They grow so fast


Here are my Muscovy 2nd generation. These guys hatched in early February and had been in my house for 4 weeks. The weather warmed up and I put them in the coop with a heat lamp for two more weeks with food and water daily to teach them the coop is home. I removed their food and water from the coop and set it outside the coop. After a day the ducklings figured out how to go in and out of the coop.


They stick together all the time and stay close to the coop for now. Once bugs appear they will begin                    to expand their territory.


They love their green bath tub. They swim in it all the time.


They take turns and I refill it often with clean water.


They still have baby fuzz and not fully feathered yet. But thankfully the night temperatures are above freezing. I have a mother setting on her eggs this month as well. I will catch her and put her eggs in the coop to hatch with the mama this time. I am not house raising ducklings when a mama duck can do all the work for me.

At night I have this young possum with half a tail eating all the chicken food it can get. I have to trap it and move it away from the coop. It will eat my chickens and eggs if I left it stay.
 Life on the farm never ends. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment