Thursday, March 17, 2022

Lent Banner 2022


I finished this banner for our church just in time for the second week in Lent. It is purple satin with burlap applique cross and hanging violet drape. The backing is vintage brown satin. Satin is hard to work with but I love how the colors dance. The crown is yellow felt I cut out and used a paint marker to seal/define the edges of the thorns, also machine appliqued that. Our church does not have any banners for outside the sanctuary. So I decided to make a few to brighten up the space. I am working on an Easter one. 
I have offered to make some for the sanctuary but that has not been updated in 40 years and they like it that way. Also, it is very hard to make church art unless you stick to the Church laws for artist, materials, committee choices and theme. I prefer the freedom of just making this for now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment