Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fridge Bread

I am trying to get confident making my own bread. So I chose an easy recipe called refrigerator bread. You mix it all and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Let it rise no kneading and it is ready to go. It is great for a busy person or forgetful one. I forgot I had these rising near the woodstove, again. But the recipe is forgiving.

ready for the oven.

nice looking loaf

This one is great for me. I seem to have problems with expired yeast and baking powder. Since we live far away from everything, these things expire quickly without my noticing. I am learning how to check for viable yeast. Now I just need a good rye recipe. Two loaves last us a while and we have enough to share with friends. Our poultry gets to eat the failures.


No comments:

Post a Comment