Wednesday, May 31, 2017

One more garden


This is one of the original gardens that came with our property. This year, thanks to our tiller it is bigger. Really bigger! I now have 3 lettuce beds, 3 bush bean beds, rotated tomatoes and a spacious cabbage bed. And I have room for all the extra flowers and herbs. My rabbits still have their mint/straw yard to play in with overhead cattle panel arch for hawk protection. This arch has sweet peas on it for shade and for the bees. The tiller gives us the chance to enlarge and break new ground quickly. I still have years ahead to condition the soil and amend it. But for this year I added compost and dirt.The fence is to keep my poultry out during the harvest. Chickens love to peck red tomatoes and dig up lettuce beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment